Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mentor's Corner: Meet Maggie


Hi I am Maggie, I am currently an unemployed teacher that has loads of time on her hands. I have had Crohn's for 32 years, but have been in the longest remission to date! Yeah 6 years! That is why I was mentally strong enough to start an endeavor like Team Challenge 1/2. I have been physically strong enough most of the time, but have always been fearful I would ask/get all this money and never be able to run the race. Honestly I don't think people are giving you the money just because you are running/walk/crawling the race. They are doing it for YOUR CAUSE & CCFA! I completed the 1/2 marathon last year in just over 2 hours by run/walking it. I am typically a runner, but thoroughly enjoy the run/walk aspect because it doesn't take so much out of me that I can enjoy the run or the scenery around. Plus, I am not exhausted where I can't enjoy the rest of the days in Napa Valley California! I have a dog,Tigger, that you may meet on some of the short runs, he is the light of my life. I grew up just outside of Chicago and have lived lakeside for the last 15 years. I am goofy, full of energy and often am willing to make fun of myself if it makes others feel more comfortable or laugh. So basically Team Illinois has at least one crazy mentor. I will be happy to chat anytime. Really I will. Now go enjoy a run or a run walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment